Associate Director of Medical Education
Dr. Robert Maudlin
P (509) 626-9959
Salary and Benefits 2018 (currently)
RESIDENT SALARIES 2018
Salary levels are established annually by the Graduate Medical Education Committee and are the same for all residents. Cost of living adjustments are made each year based on rate of inflation.
Insurance is provided through Providence Health and Services.
Three plans are available so that health/vision/dental insurance can be customized for resident and their family’s needs.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (2x salary) free to resident with additional coverage available for purchase
- Long Term Disability free to resident with additional coverage available for purchase
- Variety of retirement plans
- Professional Liability Insurance
- 20 days vacation for R1s with 5 of those days assigned as the last week of internship.
- 20 days vacation for R2, R3 and R4’s.
- Vacation time is pro-rated if a resident works less than full time.
- Weekends are not counted as vacation days.
- Vacation expires at the end of each training year.
- Accrued at 1 day per month.
- Sick leave accumulates across all 4 years of residency, but is not compensable at the end of your program.
- Sick leave is pro-rated if a resident works less than full time.
- Categorical program residents will receive $450 to spend for educational resources (this may include an iPad and/or text or phone apps, online resources or books) as approved by the residency program director.
- Information for 2018-2019 year coming soon.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION
- ACLS certification
- USMLE Step III or COMLEX III exam
- $3,000 meal compensation per year at Sacred Heart Medical Center.
- Free parking at hospitals/clinic
- 2 Monogrammed white coats