Associate Director of Medical Education
Dr. Robert Maudlin
P (509) 626-9959
Salary and Benefits
RESIDENT SALARIES 2017-18
Salary levels are established annually by the Graduate Medical Education Committee and are the same for all residents. Cost of living adjustments are made each year based on rate of inflation.
Insurance is provided for the resident through Providence Health and Services (PDF).
- Three plans are available so that health/vision/dental insurance can be customized for residents and their families’ needs.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (2x salary) up to $300,000 is provided to residents with additional coverage available for purchase
- Long Term Disability is provided to residents with additional coverage available for purchase
- Variety of retirement plans
- Professional Liability Insurance
- 20 days vacation each year (given in one-week increments)
- Weekends are not counted as vacation days
- Vacation will not carry over to the next year
12 days sick leave each year, accrued at the beginning of the year
Each resident can use 3 wellness half days each academic year
Categorical residents receive a $450 educational stipend (preliminary residents receive $150). This is to be used for educational resources (including tablets, text or phone apps, online resources or books) as approved by the residency program director. This benefit can be used over the course of your residency.
Spokane County Medical Society
Other memberships specific to your residency may also be included
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- ACLS EP
- USMLE Step III exam
- ABMS Certification exam
- DEA license under the hospital, all four years
- Meal allowance at hospitals while on duty, not just while on call
- Free parking at hospitals/clinics
- Monogrammed white coats