Family Medicine Residency Coordinator
624 E. Front Ave.
Spokane, WA 99202
P (509) 626-9951
F (509) 626-9920
How to Apply
What we need from you:
- Completed ERAS Application
- Personal Statement, which must include:
- What areas of Family Medicine interest you most?
- How do you envision fulfilling your career goals as a Family Physician here?
- Three letters of recommendation
(One must be from a family physician or community doctor)
- Academically competitive USMLE and COMLEX scores
(Pass on first attempt) Step 1 min:192; Step 2 min: 209; Comlex 1&2 min: 400
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school graduation and/or post graduate medical education within five years
- Valid ECFMG certificate by May
- Citizenship or permanent resident status
(We do not sponsor any visas)
If you are selected:
Applicant interviews are usually scheduled in October, November, December and early January. Ten residents per year are accepted through the National Resident Matching Program for the Spokane program, and two residents are accepted for the rural program in Colville, WA. You may apply to one or both of these programs.
We use your applications, personal statements and letters of recommendation to select individuals to interview, whose goals and interests seem compatible with our medical residency programs.
Please apply early in September (when ERAS opens) to allow ample time to make travel arrangements for an interview. We review applications immediately upon their transmittal through ERAS. Encourage those writing your letters of recommendation to send them early enough to your Dean’s Office that they can be transmitted before the middle of October.