101 W. 8th Ave.
Spokane, WA 99204
P (509) 474-3237
F (509) 626-9917
Internal Medicine Residency Application
Only those applications submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) will be accepted. Selected applicants are invited for an interview. The application deadline for the 2017-18 academic year is October 15.
The following are required:
- Official medical school transcript
- An official record of USMLE or COMLEX scores
- A dean's letter
- Three letters of recommendation - One of these three should be from the internal medicine department chair or a department representative from your third-year clerkship
- A personal statement
Applicants with USMLE of 210 or higher or COMLEX of 550 or higher on first attempt, will be considered more favorably.
International medical graduates should contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates [ECFMG] for application and eligibility requirements. Paper and emailed applications will not be accepted. The application deadline is October 15.
We DO NOT sponsor H1 or J visas.
ERAS applications from IMGs will be considered if you have the following:
- Documentation of valid ECFMG certification.
- Documentation of successful completion of an Internal Medicine clinical clerkship or subinternship of at least 4 weeks duration, or clinical elective rotations of at least 8 weeks duration at an ACGME accredited U.S. medical education program or Canadian medical school.
- Documentation of successful completion of at least 4 months of Internal Medicine residency training in an ACGME accredited U.S. program or accredited Canadian program.
- Graduation from medical school within the past 5 years.
Applicants with USMLE of 210 or higher achieved on first attempt, will be considered more favorably.