Transitional Program Coordinator
101 W 8th Ave
Spokane, WA 99204
P (509) 474-3020
The Spokane TY program offers a flexible curriculum with four full blocks of elective time. With 13 rotations for 18 residents, both the core curriculum and elective rotations can be tailored for each resident’s interest. While all Transitional Year residents will complete similar core rotations, the elective time coupled with the variety of electives, enables residents to tailor their schedules to meet their advanced program interests.
Ultimately, the Spokane Transitional Year program will offer you a balanced life with a breadth of clinical and hands-on experience in a beautiful setting.
Sample academic year:
The academic year consists of 13 four-week blocks:
- Critical Care – two blocks
- Surgery – two blocks
- Most commonly, pediatric surgery and general surgery at Sacred Heart
- Other rotations include bariatric surgery at Deaconess, ambulatory surgery at the Veterans Administration, neurosurgery for PM&R residents, and surgical oncology for radiation oncology residents.
- House staff – one block
- Night float – one block
- In-patient pediatrics – one block
- Emergency medicine – one block
- Ambulatory medicine – one block
- Electives – four blocks
Four weeks of vacation are offered in one-week blocks at a time, incorporating the weekend before and after. Please see the salary and stipends section for further details.
Elective choices are as follows
Electives with a "+" can be clicked to view a description, as seen through the resident’s experience: